Mark Langford has a nifty little program that gives you all the =
pertinent
data regarding spar depth/construction and strength figures. A simple
multiplication of this info against the moment arm SHOULD get you in the
ballpark. Again I'm no engineer either.

Doug

=20

As far as changing the spar goes, check the archives for information on =
the
effects of longer wings; there have been LOTS of discussions on this.  =
Then
you will need to consult some good engineering/aviation design software.
Lengthening the spar without making it larger in the middle sounds to me
like asking for trouble, BUT I am not an engineer, so consult the =
software
and those who know for answers BEFORE cutting any wood.  The Dan Diehl =
wings
skins is the longest I have heard of the wings being without =
modification,
and it does not effect the original spar.  The new wing requires the =
spar to
be taller, but not longer...

=20

=20