I have stayed out of the West  System discussion -- But , I had tried
some samples for wood and was not happy with the results. I have used the
West System for all glass on 357CJ. I liked using the pumps for the
mixture it wet out glass as well as carbon fiber just fine. I used it for
all flox and micro also. It sands well and does not gum up the sand
paper.
Only my opinions from experience and  a flying plane.
Joe Horton