Hi Jeff

I'm using a Castrol automotive DOT 4 green fluid. Great Plains says to use
automotive rather than the aviation red mineral stuff because automotive seals
are used. Nontheless I reckon you are on the right track with the fluid
expansion.

Today was hot, the brakes locked and I cracked the slave bleeder for less than
a second just off then on again...about a zillionth of a drop came out and they
released right up.

So the issue is in the master where I cannot find any external venting at all!!
    I think this must mean the fluid expansion must be via a port around the
plunger that is uncovered at rest....but is there one and how critical must the
plunger location be for it to work. I've emailed Steve Bennett for an
explanation and I'll post the answer in due course.

Oh, and Frank, I have found that by landing upside down I can get around the
southern hemisphere problem but then another thing gets me
stumped...............I can't work out why the canopy locks up instead of the
wheels. :-)

John

Martindale Family
29 Jane Circuit