  From: Joseph H. Horton
  To: corvaircr...@mylist.net ; kr...@mylist.net
  Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:07 AM
  Subject: KR> more flying (boring and my wife is tired of listening)

  Guys,
  Another fine day for flying. Temp was about 60 deg. today and I could
  have flown just wearing  tee shirt. I spent the afternoon getting my
  medical out of the way for another 2 years and headed to the airport. The
  wing tanks were empty but the header tank was all but full. I only had a
  little over an hour of daylight left so  i perflighted and started her up
  and with the warmer air it did not take long to get up to temps. The oil
  pressure seemed normal but I would keep an eye on it. I departed to the
  west climbing at about 1300/min
  and leveled out at 2000 ft. At full throttle she gained speed quickly and
  I was soon doing just about 170 indicated. I was headed to a larger
  airport just south of Allentown and by the time I got trimmed up and the
  radio changed I was only 5 miles out and called for the active and
  entered the pattern. I am very familiar with this airport and the pattern
  went as expected. The runway is about 30 ft wider and about 1000 ft
  longer than at home. It looked huge compared to what I have been landing
  on. Touch down was good and I basically was practicing to keep the nose
  wheel up for a longer time in the roll out to try and shorten up the roll
  out.
  This runway is so smooth. At home there is a bump that I have been using
  to jump off the ground on take off and if I am on the runway before I get
  to it on landing it pops the plane back into the air. Which has not been
  a problem by just doing nothing but hold the controls steady and let it
  settle back down. I did 4 patterns here before heading home by way of
  circling my house for the kids and my uncles hose for my dad visiting
  from Florida.
          All this time I have kept track of the oil pressure and it stayed
  pretty normal the whole time not going over 52 #. Now I don't know what
  to think except that WW told me to check out the electric sender unit,
  and right now that seems like a very real chance that it may be acting
  up.
          One more landing to do back at home on the narrow, short and
  rough runway. I ended up a little high and tried the slip again. I lost
  altitude quickly and did not gain any speed. I love this plane. I was a
  little fast a touch down but had no trouble stopping. I have changed my
  flap procedure to dropping the flaps on finial
  and judging when to put the last notch in by my position on finial. The
  other thing to note is I have to take out all the power pretty early in
  finial.
          Sorry to bore all of you but finish your planes and I promise to
  read your flight reports too.
  Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
  joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com