I have been thinking about a Diehl style landing gear made from aluminum
instead of fiberglass. I am not sure of the cost difference, or weight
difference. Right now I am researching the differences. Below is a list of
different aluminum alloys. Hope all this stays lined up. I thought some of you
may be interested in this. I think the Diehl fiberglass main gear are close to
4 lbs each and 24" long.  The weights below are per cubic inch.
Larry H.

                                                  2024T3          2024-T361
    2024-T6          7075          7075-T6/T651

Weight/cubic inch                      0.1 lb                 0.1 lb
      0.1 lb             0.102 lb        0.102  lb

Ultimate Tensile Strength         70000psi         72000psi          61900psi
     33000psi      83000psi

Tensile Yield Strength              50000psi         57000psi          50000psi
       15000psi      73000psi

Elongation at break                  18%                  13%
 5%                   17%               11%

Shear Strength                          41000psi         42000psi
41000psi         22000psi      48000psi

Annealing Temperature            775 F               775F                 775F
               775F             775F