Hi Netters,
These is one thing that bothers me, I drive my car for years and never have
a problem with water in the gas tank. Put an auto engine in an airplane and
listen to the "water in the gas" problems.  Here in Canada we expect to have
up to 10% alcohol in Mogas. This quantity of alcohol will absorb and water
that gets into the tank by condensation. I know that it is possible to buy
gas at a station that does not sell much gas and that is careless about
checking their underground tanks for water. So it is possible to get a slug
of water from them when you fill up with gas but this usually gets absorbed
after several fill from a "dryer" gas station.
Alcohol can do nasty "swelling things" to some of the rubber seats in
aircraft carbs. They were intended to run on "pure" gas. Switching to mogas
containing alcohol with out first changing the "offending rubber parts" can
lead to swelling of the rubber. This can give you other problems. I wonder
if changing back and forth with avgas/mogas produces alternating problem,
now it works well/ now it doesn't.
I wonder if it might be prudent to use the same carb on the engine in the
aircraft as it had in the automobile. What can be done to adjust for mixture
control. Would using a blower solve this problem?
I hope to hear more on this from the members in the future.
Regards,
Harold Woods
Orillia, ON. Canada
haroldwo...@rogers.com