>It is my intention to use carbon fibre inplace of fiber glass.
>
>Can anyone advise me on how thin we can use the carbon to either
>equal or exceed the strengh of the fibreglass used on the KR2 in
>realation to the buckeling of skins etc.

Carbon fiber if 3-4 times stronger than Eglass. However, the wing
construction of the KR2 does not call for 3+ layers of Eglass, so you
will only add cost.
Alternatively, you could consider using the construction methods in
"Advanced Composite Techniques" by Zeke Smith. I hope to build a wing
panel using that method sometime in the next year for test purposes.
I expect it to be both lighter and stronder.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
lar...@socal.rr.com