Netters,

While doing some work on the KR annual today I removed the ELT.
I found 3 of the 6 Duracell MN1300 batteries called for by the
manufacturer (Ameri-King) to have bursted and leaking "crap" all
over inside the battery compartment of the ELT.  The batteries were
dated as good till the year 2010.  So much for that.

I'm suggesting that if you have an ELT that uses the alkaline batteries
that you install new ones every year.  Mine were in use only two years.

I can't wait to get the KR back in the air.  It's been 18 days now and I'm
sure needing a KR fix !!  I hope I don't have to resort to drugs. :-) :-)

Larry Flesner