I often had illusions of welding my own stuff and then one day, I found a
guy who has been welding aluminum irrigation pipe and many other such things
for many years of his life.  I recently had him weld the stainless bung to
my steel exhaust pipe, and fill the old hole that I had put in the wrong
place, for my EGT probe. $12.  He has many thousands of $ in equipment, and
many thousands of hours of experience, and he only charged me $12 for a 15
minute job.  Add it up.  What will you spend on equipment, training, messed
up parts?  And then will you ever have welds that look like caulk that has
been wiped clean with a wet finger?  I no longer have such illusions.   I
only wish that I had found this business before I had my stick welded.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you in Mt. Vernon - 2006 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
is OVER.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC