The use of ethanol blend gasoline has many more ramifications that just O
rings and carb parts.
The ethanol gasoline has a lower vapor pressure that straight gasoline which
may give you trouble at higher altitudes above 8,000'
It absorbs water and holds it suspended in your fuel.  Carb icing becomes
more frequent in conditions that normaly would not form carb ice if straight
gas was used.
Ethanol is a wonderful solvent which attacks (shorter life spans) of many
rubber items(O-rings, Fuel lines) that it comes into contact with. It can
also dissolve foriegn matter in your tanks and that crude can plug fuel
filters.
Ethanol gas has a short shelf life.  With Extented storage(3-4 weeks) of
ethanol gas in your tanks it will start to form acids, varnish, or the
ethanol will start to seperate from the gasoline so you will have pockets of
almost pure ethanol in your tank . Because of this acid and varnish
formation, many chain saw, lawn mower, and garden tractor engine manufactors
do not recommend using it in their engines.
Ethanol has fewer BTUs per gallon that gasoline, expect a 3-5% increase in
fuel comsuption at the same horsepower settings.

Overall, I can not recommend the use of ethanol blended Gasoline in aviation
engines even though the state I live in, Iowa, is the largest producer of
ethanol (23 plants) in the nation.

Brant Hollensbe
Des Moines Ia
bhollensbe at mchsi.com