In their great wisdom and ignorance of the consequences, the Kansas state
legislature has passed a law that PROHIBITS the filling stations from
indicating if the gasoline contains alcohol, except for the E85 designation
(the farm lobby is strong here).  Consequently, you can believe that they are
dispensing whatever in the cheapest.

I bought some 91 octane car gas to flush out my tank and system, and to check
for leaks.  I left it in the plane about three weeks, then drained it.  I
checked the gascolator to see if any residue had come from the new tank.  When
I opened it, the rubber gasket at the top sprang out about half an inch bigger
in diameter than the groove.  I dried it as much as I could, and let it lay on
the workbench.  After about ten days, it had shrunk back to where it would fit
properly.

I put 100LL in the tank, and after six months, the gascolator gasket has
remained the same size.

So much for gasohol in a system designed for airplanes.

Jim Vance, Claflin, Kansas
va...@hbcomm.net