Chris, clamps for holding gussets really are not needed.  Most will stay in
place on their own.  The ones that want to slide to the floor you can hold in
place with a piece of coat hanger wire bent into a "C".  As for attaching your
gussets to the cross members first. As Ron stated it would work on the pieces
that are 90 degrees to the cross members.  But all the others will have to be
curved to match the curve of the longerons.  (That would be most of them).
Since this curve is more parabolic in shape it would be hard to do.  But then I
did things while building my plane that others said would be to hard and I made
them work.  If you do this let us know how it goes.

Steven Phillabaum
KR2S; 5048; corvair;
Auburn, Alabama

---- Ron Smith wrote:

> Chris Johnston  wrote:
>  I thought why not glue the gussets onto the cross members first, then
> when dry you only have one face to square up to fit the inside of the
> longeron instead of two gussets and a cross member. >

Ron wrote.