Also less weight, critical in a plane the size of the KR.
  If Marty Roberts flew with a four-quart tank for as long as he did, I'd say
that "experiment" is proven!
  There's also the option of running two oil filters, which is a compromise,
adds complexity and weight, but gives you a little more oil.
  Just my two cents.
  Frank

Oscar Zuniga <taildr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
  I think I'd go with Option No. 1 that Larry Flesner posted... use the
smaller (4 qt.) oil sump and keep on going with your cowling. I have an
A-65 on my Pietenpol and it has a 4 qt. sump. I believe they all
interchange on the small Continentals but the point is, 6 or more quarts are
unnecessary unless you're trying to do some oil cooling via the sump or
you're doing some transoceanic/endurance flying.

Minimum operating oil level is 2 qts. on these engines and if you check oil
level before every flight and have a decently tight engine, it will take a
heck of a long time to blow out or burn two quarts. And if it's spraying
onto your windshield or into your cockpit, that's two less quarts of mess
you'll need to clean out ;o)

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX
mailto: taildr...@hotmail.com