Joe,

All you need is 194 hours under your belt!  Yesterday I flew to Gatlinburg,
TN to meet up with the family, already on vacation.  Today I flew back (they
stay until tomorrow) knowing that the wind on my end was going to be close
to 20 knots when I got here, but I figured I could always put it down at MDQ
a few miles away, which would have been right into the wind.  I flew back
throttled back to 3.8 gallons per hour at 10,500', taking my time to get
back as late as possible so things would have a chance to settle down.  Sure
enough, it was 18k gusting to 23k when I got here, and at about a 60 degree
crosswind, but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how I did. I could
always do a go-around.  It was actually a pretty decent landing.  I didn't
even bounce it....just squeaked in on one wheel and then the other.  Of
course, one second it's nasty and turbulent, and the next it's not, so I
might have just gotten lucky....again...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net