Eric:

I can be wrong on this but I think that is whaht is ment by the MACwhich is the
lingthof the line 1l2 way between the upper and lower surface which would be
slightly longer.  I would not worry about the theoretical benifits of that
though because as a practical mater there are probably enough imperfections
elsewhere to eat up what little is gained by cosidering the difference.

Don