The only way to avoid not having carby heat is if you are turbo charged.

In our Australian conditions it is possible to get carby icing almost any
time.
I've had carby icing while climbing through 5000ft under full power, that
was the height of the inversion layer on a blue day.  Though generally you
don't get carby icing while at full power, normally only get carby icing on
low power settings.

I've had carby icing 4 times and now use it every time I'm on a low power
setting (except for economy cruise). I wouldn't fly without carby heat.

The way I look at it is, all that time, effort and money just to risk your
KR2 and LIFE on NOT having carby heat.
But it your discission.

Progress report:
In November 2005 I took my KR2 off line to do 8 weeks work to add a belly
board, modify the undercarriage and add extra fuel tanks in the wing stubs.
Well, 6 months later, all work is done PLUS fit wheel pants and spinner,
modify cowling and a full repaint.  Now just waiting for cyclones and rain
to go away so I can get to the airport (11 days rain without a break, so
far.........but on the good side, the dam I live on has gone from 60% to
100% - 100% equals 438,900 mega litres).

Regards
Barry Kruyssen
Cairns, Australia
k...@bigpond.com