Hi,

I had a heart op in Feb 2005 ( Valentines Day - some wag at worked asked
if they were finally giving me one ).

It turned out I had a funny artery that was getting crushed by other
plumbing, fairly simple op, and I am now much fitter than before.

As a consequence I had to declare myself unfit to fly on a UK CAA PPL.

There is a UK National PPL which allows we to fly solo - but only within
the boundaries of the UK. Seeing as the KR and my previous kite are only
single person jobbies, that is fine, but I would like to get my full PPL
back.

So I contacted the UK CAA to find out what I have to do, and it's not
too bad, I have to do a stress ECG - 9 mins on the walking machine, plus
I have to provide angiograms etc, a thousand quid should cover the lot
- its just about impossible to get it done via our "free" national
health system.

I would be interested to know what happens in USA.

Pete Diffey
St Albans, UK