I was one of the original Nap of the Earth instructors pilots at Ft. Bragg
so I have a lot of experience flying with skids in the trees.
The area we flew in were well very well mapped and reckoned for wires and
power lines and the helicopters we were flying had wire cutting devices.
Wires are your greatest hazard to low level flying and you should never
attempt flight as low as seen in the video without first checking for
wires. Many wires can be almost invisible until you are on them. You will
usually see power poles before you see the wires, but I have seen wires
string across roads and rivers from tree to tree so poles will not always
be an indicator.

Low level flight is a thrill but if you are going to attempt it do it
safely. After flying a student for two hours NOE we would go to McKall Army
Airfield for refueling. We would terminate the lesson by approaching the
runway at 50 feet AGL and 90 knots, Roll the throttle to engine idle and do
a low level touch down autorotation. I can't believe the Army paid me to
have so much fun.

Jack Cooper
kr2coo...@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.