And it will get even better the day when we will have a single language!

Thanks for the tip, I will put that on my shopping list.

Serge

<jeffyor...@qx.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-bounces+serge.vidal=sagem....@mylist.net
27/04/2006 19:23
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 27/04/2006 19:18

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: KR> Vertical Card Compass

Man is the internet cool or what, Here I am conversing with a guy in
France.
I remeber back in my young days as a boy growing up on a farm, that the
idea
of communicating with someone in France was either by ham radio or by
being
in the service and getting stationed in Europe.

OK, so some of the simple things in life thrill me. Remember , I said a
boy
growing up on the farm. Did I mention poor boy on the farm.

Ok, to your subject.

Magnetic shielding is a thin metal that I believe has a high amount of
nickel in it. It is somewhere between aluminum foil and really thin sheet
aluminum.

You wrap the insturment in your panel that is causing the magnetic
interference. The shielding must be at least 1.75 inches away from your
compass. The method of finding the interferring source is to hold your
vertical card compass in your hand ( level) turn on your master switch and
radios. Then while holding your compass, pass it near all of the itmes in
your panel and watch and see which one causes the compass to ms behave.
Then
wrap the offending insturment with the shielding material and wire tie it.
Obviously this would be on the back side of the insturment.

This seemed to work fine for me.

You can buy the Magnetic Compass Shield ( MU Metal) can be purchased
directly from Precision Insturments or from Aircraft Spruce. The part
number
is 11-00973

Hope this helps

Jeff York