I have recently rejoined the KR building family. I came into possession of a
KR-2 project several years ago, but work and family didn't allow much time
for the project. Things are now such that I can really get started again.
Having been at the KR Gathering in 2005 and Sun-n-Fun this year, the hangar
flying at Brian Kraut's woodside barbeque and KR dinner, I just can't help
myself. I have KR FEVER pretty bad !!!!!!!! I have a Corvair engine in
various stages of rebuild, awaiting the crank back from grinding and
nitriding, new engine parts. Spars are complete, wood for the fuselage in my
workshop. Brakes, landing gear, misc parts are ready. Wings will be Diehl
with the fuselage stretched 24".
Enough about that for now. I am inviting KRnet members to EAA Chapter's 82
"2006 CORVAIR WINGS AND WHEELS FLY-IN", June 2nd, 3rd and 4th at Barber
Field (2D1), 13820 Union Ave NE, Alliance, Ohio. As posted on William
Wynne's website, he and Grace will be holding several forums on Corvair
engine conversions. There will be a number of Corvair engines on display in
various stages being built by four of our chapter members. There will also
be seminars on Sport Pilot and a presentaton on the lighter-than-air
"DYNALIFTER" which is presently under construction at Barber Field. It has
potential military and commercial applications. The trend of this fly-in
will hopefully be similiar to the KR Gatherings which everyone can't seem to
get enough of !!!!!!! Something to hold you over till this year's KR
Gathering.
EAA Chapter 82 will be hosting a pancake breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
morning. We will be judging the aircraft that participate and giving out
awards for best homebuilt, best engine installation, people's choice,
longest distance flown, oldest pilot, etc.
There is lodging available close by in Alliance at the Comfort Inn @
330-821-5555, or in Canton area at the Best Western @ 330-497-8799 and the
Holiday Inn @ 330-494-2770. If you are flying in on a commercial flight,
Akron-Canton Regional (CAK) is the closest, about 15 miles away.
For those needing more info, contact Kip Gardner at kipandb...@earthlink.com
or myself, Pete Klapp at pke...@hotmail.com.
Again, I'd like to extend the strongest of invititions to every Corvair
powered / KRnet member / anyone building their aircraft dream to come join
us for the weekend of fun.
Thanks for for your time,
Pete Klapp, KR-2S builder