The Powerpoint references you found are probably from me. Since I am no
much of an engineer, never got any serious technical drawing (drafting)
training in my life, and not being very patient with computers either, I
frequently use Microsoft Powerpoint to do simple drawings. By simple
drawings, I mean, anything you could do with a pencil, a ruler, an angle
and a compass. I found the printed results to be very accurate (to a
fraction of degree and a fraction of millimeter), so for what I do, and
until I find the time to learn some decent CAD, it works for me.

Won't work for, say, a wing profile, though!

I use these basic drawings for two purposes:

1 - I print the drawings on sticker labels, which I then stick to the
material to serve as a cutting and drilling template; I did the entire
aileron bellcrank assemblies (for instance) that way, and the result is
great.
2 - I send such templates to friends over the Internet to let them
replicate the parts.

Nearly anybody has access to Powerpoint and knows how to use it; CAD
packages are another story.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Bill Johnson" <w...@comcast.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
02/05/2006 04:50
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 02/05/2006 04:47

        Pour :  "'KRnet'" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : KR> CAD Software

KR Netters (especially you CAD guys):

This question is a two-parter: 1) What CAD software do you use and, 2)
What
would you recommend for a new CAD user / KR builder?

I've searched the archives and fould only two references to specific CAD
software - PowerPoint (?) and VectorEngineer.  I'm interested if anyone
has
any opinions on packages such as TurboCAD, IntelliCAD, Alibre, or any
other
I may have overlooked.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Bill Johnson
Digital Printing & Imaging, Inc.
3240 Town Point Drive, Suite 130
Kennesaw, GA 30144