Kenny:

The Zenith 601 HD is a good choice.  I have visited & toured their facility in
Mexico MO as it is only about 120 miles from where I live.  Additionally it is
possible to upgrade it to a higer speed version by just building
HDS outer wing panels that will up the max speed to 150 mph.  Zenair also
offers a class where they will supervise & instruct you on construction
techniques in constructing a vertical fin that you can use in your own plane
if you wish to continue.  In 2002 I think that was about $650 but you would
need to check with the on that.

Don Lively
Burlington IA 52601