At 09:12 PM 5/5/2006, you wrote:
>Don Lively wrote:
> > There is not mutch I can do there but the SS bolts should solve the
> > corrosion issue og the bolts.  I know they may be a little softer but I
> > feltthey would probably be OK. anyway.
>+++++++++snip+++++++++++++++++
>What kind of stainless?  There's typically a pretty big difference in the
>properties of stainless and something like an AN bolt.
>Mark Langford

There are Cessnas, Pipers, Funks, T-craft, Luscomb, etc. that have
been flying for 50+ years with AN hardware holding on the wings
and other critical components.  Many with the same bolts for the
entire length of time. I don't understand the big concern
on corrosion and the switch to SS hardware.  Use the appropriate
hardware and if you don't like the way it looks in 5 or 10 years, spend
$20 and replace it.

Larry Flesner