Joachim:

I'm with you avoid the flea market!  Also avoid Lowes, Home Depot, Menards and
other similar places where the pedigree of the materials is questionable---a
lot of stuff from China, Taiwan & Japan in these places and thier expert
service folks were flipping burgers or assembling Tacos last week and tend to
look at  you with blank stares like your from outer space when you ask them
questions psi rating or what kind of steel they are made from and for get any
understanding of threads for they will just tell you that the bolts have them.
Automotive stores may understand Gr 5 or Gr 8 but have no clue as to what that
means other than 8 is stronger than 5.  All in all Aircraft stuff is all
special although in a more populous area you may find some stuff at a store
that deals in Hydraulics.

Don