Somebody mentioned the March 2006 issue of Sport Aviation article on engine
cooling, which states that NACA ducts don't work so great in reverse.  This is
what I have on my plane, and I don't know about cooling, but I can tell you
that pointing your exhaust pipes at the narrowing duct doesn't work so great.
I guess it works to some extent, but you can imagine that thing probably gets
pretty hot.

When I came up with this bright idea, I found the original NACA paper that
touted it as both an inlet and an outlet, but later research apparently exposed
problems with the outlet part of the theory.  Unfortunately, I didn't read that
one!  Bottom line is that mine would probably work better as a simple ramp that
never tapers.  Keep that in mind if you are deciding  to copy that feature of
my airplane.

I got some more flying in this afternoon, flying up to Sewannee, TN for a few
landings on their 3600' runway that's famous for its treachery, being perched
on the side of a mountain.  I did a touch and go, but after realizing that the
runway was uphill and had some awfully tall trees on the far end ( ! ), the
rest of my landings were "full stop"....

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net