Mark Langford got me thinking after I saw his pics of the yarn on the
wings and his question.Well,I got some yarn and did some flight testing on
N995BG,a standard KR2 with stock wings and RR tips.This was the first
time.Unfortunately there is no documentation or pics but there were some
interesting observations.Saw an old documentary on the PT-19
Fairchild.They showed the tuft test on the wing.It would stall beginning
inboard and work outboard giving the ailerons effectivity all the way
through the stall sequence.The wing on 995BG did the same.I knew that but
had never really understood why until the test.Simple but seeing it is a
treat.Also noteworthy was the yarn at the end of the wing.Maybe 1-2 inches
from the tip of the wing.While all the yarn was behaveing predictably,the
end one was a blur.Moving up and down 30 to 45 degrees from the surface
depending on the speed up to crusing from takeoff.While descending from
altitude at 160 kts it laid down but not quite still.Thanks Mark for that
little push.Someday I'll get picture literate.Tommy W.