From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Allen Wiesner
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:01 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Questions on Stabilizer/Elevator Construction

I have just been making my own drawing on the Stab./El. assy.
(consolidating everything on one piece of (virtual) paper helps to get
it all straight in my head) and I've noted two things.

1.  The 1/4" plywood doublers are shown cut off square.  I have always
thought that it was good practice to taper the ends.  Has anyone
bothered to taper them?

2.  The trim tab sides are shown as cut perpendicular to the spar.
Wouldn't it be more practical to have them cut perpendicular to the trim
tab hinge line and the trailing edge of the elevator?

Allen G. Wiesner  KR-2SS/TD S/N 1118
65 Franklin Street
Ansonia, CT  06401-1240

(203) 732-0508