Phil Matheson wrote:

> What does your father use the land for, seems a lot of trees for a
> production farm??

He grows grass to feed his cows (some appear as small dots in the lower left
corner of http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flights/060513050m.jpg) and pine
trees, along with the plowed fields that you see, which he usually rents to
some dreamer who's hoping he can still make money growing soybeans, cotton,
or peanuts.

> What do you mean when you [say] sod strip???

I mean that grass runway in the middle of the picture.

>Never the less, beautiful Photo.

Thanks.  I also took a bunch of cool thunderstorm pictures on the way back.
One of these days I'll post some of them on my website. I landed in 18 mph
winds with 25 mph gusts, but fortunately, they were right down the runway.
Still, the bottom fell out from under me at one point, and it was just like
an elevator to the runway, despite carrying extra speed.  One more KR
landing though, and four more on a grass strip...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net