To retard the distributor timing on a VW, which way do I turn the
distributor, clockwise or counter clockwise?  I am assuming that it would be
the same for the alternate ignition.  I have two sets of instructions and
neither says anything but turn it until it is timed.  I am trying to get it
to the same timing as my mag, and it is firing first, so I need to retard it

Most of the baffle is on, but now my battery is starting to show signs of
all the abuse that I have been giving it over the last year.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you in Mt. Vernon - 2006 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
is OVER.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC