I have a pretty small trim tab, maybe 3"x6", with about 25 degrees of
deflection in each direction.  It's way more than I need for normal flight
throughout the weight range, but when the flaps are down, it's not enough to
counteract the nose down pitching moment.  It doesn't really bother me, and
like Jones said, I sometimes fly the thing all day and never touch it, but
if my elevator came loose with flaps down, I'd be sunk immediately, rather
than having a chance to figure things out if it were trimmed properly in the
landing phase. See http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/trimtab/index.html for
more details on it.  The MAC trim servo (RC Allen now) really is easy to
install, but considering the price, the power window servo that Dan Heath
and some other folks have used is attractive if you're on a budget.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net