Here's a cut and paste from Dan's instructions, which are located on his
website.   http://www.diehlaero.com/ . He has underlined MUST in the
instructions.

KR-2 LANDING GEAR INSTRUCTIONS

The composite landing gear is made from a 3-M product called Scotchply. The
castings are made of aluminum alloy. The prototype was load tested to 2.5
G's, 1,250 lbs. On each main gear. This resulted in a 3 1/2" flexure which
is 75% of ultimate bending. With this information and subsequent flight
testing, the gear was lengthened 4". The increased leg length provides more
ground clearance. To 3/4". This has resulted in a nice springy 3 G gear.
Also, at this same time the gear legs were beefed up, the casting thickness
was increased by 3/32".

The Gear legs are shipped precut and the edges are chamfered. The
taildragger conversion mounts the main gear on the forward side of the main
spar with castings bolted on just outside the fuselage sides. The gear legs
angle forward. The tri-gear mounts the gear legs on the aft side of the main
spar with the legs angling back. The tail dragger version of the gear leg
has a straight leading edge from top to bottom. The tri-gear version has a
crook on both sides of the leg. The arrow points forward.

Four pieces of biaxial cloth are provided with each kit. This cloth must be
put on the legs before drilling holes. The cloth runs from top to bottom of
each leg. Follow drawings. This cloth is installed to prevent leg twist
during touchdown and braking. After the biaxial wraps have been installed,
the brakeline housing needs to be built. Either Epoxy or vinylester resin
will work fine.

To enclose the brakeline, a large diameter soda straw can be "hot glued" to
the edge of the gear leg below where it bolts to the casting. Once attached,
two layers of fiberglass should be wrapped around the straw. This holds the
straw in place and helps "fair the leg". (Note: On tri-gear versions, mount
the straw on the forward side of the gear. On the tail dragger version,
mount the straw on the aft side of the leg.

Six AN-4-32A bolts mount the main casting to the spar. Two AN-4-16A and two
AN-4-17A bolts join the leg to main casting. The axle casting is bolted to
the leg with four AN-4-15A bolts.

The axle is bolted to the axle casting with four AN4 bolts. (Not provided in
kit.) The length will vary depending on the axle and type of brake
available. Cleveland and Matco are the most common.

Bud Midkiff
Lynnwood, WA