That all sounds reasonable to set up for drilling. I did it with a level
making the strut plumb. The one thing that Dan told me recently is that
the vertical leg that the nose heel attaches to must trail by 5 deg. or
you well surely have nose wheel shimmy. I also left the strut  a little
long on purpose when cutting it to give just a little extra for prop
clearance. I think that I picked up an extra inch that way and it is not
noticeable sitting on the ground.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com