Sorry Simon,

  I know know of Grove gear being fitted to UK KR2s. That's certainly what I
have up here in Aberdeen. By going for the Jabiru instead of the VW lump you'll
save around 50lbs before you even start.

  I've never heard of the proper Grove gear bending on landing, but I do know
that Airhover in the UK supplied cheap copies of these in 1/2" thick Aluminium
bar instead of the proper 3/4" spec, and that these commonly failed.

  Get back in touch if you want any further info. I could use some
encouragement on my own build....

  FYI Colin Hales built G-BSTL with the Jabiru 2200 and Grove main gear, and it
weighed 530lbs empty and is more than capable of carrying 2 people.

  Regards,

  Jamie

Simon Hazeldine <simon.hazeld...@mgocspares.co.uk> wrote:

".....CHECK OUT THE GROVE GEAR."

Thanks Steve. Perhaps I should have given more detail. We already have an
aluminium spring bar type (Grove?) gear leg set but do not want to use
these. They are a bit too heavy for a UK KR and I'm told will bend under a
heavy landing which will require removal of the gear legs to straighten.
Obviously, we dont intend to make heavy landings but.... :-) I know they
have been used on other UK KR2's but most are restricted to single seat due
to weight limitations.

Would be keen to hear from any UK owners who have fitted Diehl or similar
gear legs and what has been cleared by the PFA for use?