Guys,
        I did get my cert yesterday. The gentleman said some guys come
out and some don't. The major reason he makes it a point to see and talk
to the person applying is to impress upon them is that there is a
standard for inspection and is listed in the planes operation
limitations. It must be done under part 93 something something using the
same criteria as a 100 hour inspection. He wants everyone that is doing
their own inspection to have the in their possession a FAA recommended
practices manual which appeared to be about the same size as Wicks
catalog. His point is that when the you built the plane it was out of new
parts and he wants you to be able to identify what and when a part is
worn beyond service. I guess I did alright with him as he used brakes as
an example and asked how I would know if the pads were wore out and I
said that I intended to get the information for rotors and pads off the
Cleveland web site. He conceded that would be a better source than the
standards manual.
        I was happy to have someone look things over and he did find that
I did not have all in order in my log book for the phase II flight
testing. That is corrected. Just as a reminder to everyone the operating
limitations for your aircraft must be with it at all times, This is
several pages of 8 1/2 x 11 that you will receive at finial inspection. I
did have them in the plane but was thinking of ditching them thinking
that my pilots operation manual would cover it.
        He was a good guy and said over and over if there is any question
to call him.
I also discussed what is a major alteration and when he needed to be
notified. Just so you guys know a prop change is a major and needs to be
reported and logged. also a host of other airframe and engine changes
that we have talked about before.
        BTW- got a half hour Monday night flying to the EAA chapter
meeting and meet up with Ken W. and 2 more hours yesterday morning to
take my dad out for his fathers day breakfast. I did my first pass down a
runway ever for show to him. Not real fast and not real low (185 mph at
100' )what a rush.
Shut down at 76.2 hours.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com