Just wanted to let everyone know that it is not impossible to thread the crank
for the safety shaft after the crank has been nitrated. Mike Hyers recommended
a local machine shop which caters to industry, (not an automotive machine
shop). I told them that the crank had been nitrated but he was not concerned by
that as he would not be using a conventional tap. I do recommend that the crank
be threaded prior to nitrating as it can be done cheaper and easier but it is
not impossible to thread after nitrating.

Jack Cooper
kr2coo...@earthlink.net
Fayetteville. NC.