>From: D F Lively <riksh...@interl.net>

>Dana:
>
>The gentleman I mentioned is highly trained and as an F-111 Wing Commander
>in
>Viet-Nam in one of the hottest Combat a/c ever in the operated by the Air
>Force
>plus his other certificates including authority to teach formation flying
>from
>the FAA I would say is among the the best to be had.
>
>Ed currently lives near Boulder CO and lives on or adj. to an airfield from
>which he flies. I last saw him at our 45th HS Class reunion last summer.
>
>Don

And the point is?  I was only qualifying Chris's experience as he was not a
gaggle flyer.  I've flown formation beside Stu, behind Stu and with Stu and
sat through many a brief with Stu on fire.  I'll put the training provided
by FFI, and the qualifications of Chris Good up against anyone.  I don't
know the intent of your post but feel qualified by exposure to merit this
statement.

A FAA endorsed FFI card says you can fly in waivered airspace, in the
airshow, people all around, other airplanes in the air.  It is FAA endorsed
and does not come cheap.  Remember, in my first post I mentioned it was
formed at the request of the FAA as only warbirds and aerobatic pilots could
fly formation in waivered airspace.  I don't mean for this to come across
harsh, it is just that Chris's death sucks.

Dana Overall
1999 & 2000 National KR Gathering host
Richmond, KY i39
RV-7 slider, Imron black, "Black Magic"