> I have a full set of wheel pants and fairings which I will be
> installing
> soon. I was just kidding about changing engines to an 0-360. Right
> now,
> there is no way I would give up the Corvair. My plane is about as
> slick
> as owl shit and wheel pants are about the only thing that will make
> it
> any slicker. I still think I need a higher pitched prop.

Mark,
        Like everyone else do what you think that you need to do but just
for info The wheel pants have been the second most problematic item so
far. I had both off again this week to repair the mounting holes, this
time with a layer of metal between layers of carbon fiber. I have all the
fairings and transitions installed and from flights without them on I
would say it is less than 10 mph difference (not that I would give it up
though)
         My prop is a Sensenich 54 x 60 and I am turning the exact same
rpm as you are. 3350 rpm at full throttle straight and level (my version
of straight and level)
        Mark has me thinking about Saturday. I checked the flight planner
and it says about 550 miles and 4:15 travel time with 4:16 fuel on board
(1 min should be enough reserve)
        I have had no issue with the Aero carb and sticky throttle. I
have a high quaility cable and no flexing in it. Never a problem at any
setting.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com