Also use crossed cables with turnbuckles (cheap ones) from the top of one side
to the bottom of the other side both sides and drop a plumb bob to align the
top centerline to the one marked on your table.  It makes it totally adjustable

VIRGIL N SALISBURY <virg...@juno.com> wrote:  I put a temporary spacer at the
widest point and left it there
until all was skinned, The top was also down and held in place
on the table, Virg

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:36:52 -0400 "jg7...@mindspring.com"
writes:
> HI Guys,
> Just wanted to ask a quick question. I am about to install the
> bottom skin on my fuselage, but before I do i would like to know
> what you all did to hold the shape of the fuselage top untill you
> can install the doubler? Since I can't install the rest of the
> bracing untill the doublers are in place I was afraid that the
> fuselage would loose its shape before it was glued up. PLease let me
> know what you did.
>
> John Godwin
> jg7...@mindspring.com

Virgil N. Salisbury - AMSOIL