Hi Chris

Under Experimental or Ultralight, the old 95.22(?) CASA rules don't apply.

As far as I know there was never a formal rule about hinges or sticks in the
old Amateur Built Aircraft Approval (ABAA) #45 which applied to KRs. It
regulated everything bloody else like glues, timber, fibreglasses, gross
weight and  CoG. Anything outside the RR plans needed individual Reg 35
engineering approval (big bucks). Some of these regs were common sense and
we should abide them in any case, especially the CoG (12-14"). The ABAA also
allowed an increase in gross to 500kg (1100lb) and in those days (pre mid
1990s) Australia one one of few countries without experimental where this
weight was legal. These days, under experimental, all we need is the CoA
issued by an approved person from the SAAA....and he loves best practice as
should we all. We can do what we like provided we don't prejudice the
property or safety of others (stems from our Constitution apparently) and
this is what the authorised person is concerned with.

John Martindale
29 Jane Circuit
TOORMINA NSW 2452
AUSTRALIA

phone:  61 2 66584767 (H)
             61 2 66869094 (W)
mobile:  0417 584767
email:    johnja...@optusnet.com.au
web:     www.members.optusnet.com.au/johnjanet/Martindale.htm

snip.........The local authorities don't like teh stick arrangement in kr's
and they