At 08:20 AM 7/2/2006, you wrote:
>I have finally finished the wings and fuselage and have them painted
>Juneau white.  Also hung the engine (0200A).  After hanging the
>engine I noticed that the oil tank is about 3 or 4 inches below
>where I want the bottom of my cowling.  I seem to remember some talk
>about changing oil tanks on the net but couldn't find any thing in
>the archives. Larry Flesner I took some pictures of your plane a
>couple years back at Shaffer and your cowling is up where I want
>mine. What did you do.

I started with a Diehl 0-200 cowl, that was third or fourth
generation removed from a
VW cowl, and cut out and modified the lower center section to fit the totally
stock 0-200 as removed from a C-150.  I also had to cut, reshape,
modify, and re-do
other areas of the cowl also.  I may have some pictures if the  the ones on
krnet.org don't show you what you need.  Look at a picture of Marty Roberts KR
and compare it to mine and you will see some of the mod's I made.

As always............

Larry Flesner

P.S. I hope to have some updates on the Gathering in the next week or two on
forums, hat & shirts, etc.  I have the first batch of hats and shirts ordered
and they will be single color maroon with collar and pocket, the hats are black
with "wine" or maroon trim.  The logo's are also changed a bit from last year.
Unless something changes, the shirts will be $18 and the hats $12.  The
shirts are a bit higher than last year but I got a bit heavier shirt.  We were
limited to a single color with pockets or the price would have jumped
another $5 a shirt.  They should be nice ones and I think you'll like the logo.
I'll get some pictures posted when the first ones are finished.

On the forums, I'm thinking of having only one during the day  on Friday
and Saturday and another right after Friday night supper to give attendees
more time to drool over the KR's.  I don't think this will cut in to anyone's
camping fireside forums. :-)  I thinking one on airframes, one on engines,
and one "free-for-all".  I'd appreciate any feedback to me directly at:
fles...@verizon.net

  • KR> 0200 oil tank JIM RALEIGH
    • KR> 0200 oil tank / P.S. - Gathering upd... Larry&Sallie Flesner