Here is an example of building light. One of the Dawn Patrol guys, Dick
Starks and author of many escapades of the Dawn Patrol, is building this for
his wife to fly.

He's been working on this for 3 weeks or so.  Real light.

Ronald R. Eason Sr.
President / CEO
Ph: 816-468-4091
Fax: 816-468-5465
http://www.jrl-engineering.com
Our Attitude Makes The Difference!

Subject: The "Moron" staggers onward

Well Fellers,

The "Moron" frame is 95% complete. In the last two days I've added the
leading edge sheeting to the wing panels, finished up the drag wires between
the struts and the rear cabanes and finished up the stab struts and cables.

Total weight at this time = 178 lbs. I'm thinking there will be another 20
or so pounds for plumbing, instruments, covering and sheet metal.

I'm going to copy Marvin Story's paint system: Behr high-gloss latex house
paint with a final coat of automotive KlearKote Trene #5185.

Then the Big Twin engine will weigh in at a firewall-forward all-up weight
of 120 lbs.

So, Robert and I figure on a total empty weight of less than 350 lbs.

That ain't bad.

You can see a photo of it at:
http://www.kcdawnpatrol.com/images/morane-7.JPG

Tail feathers are ready for cover. As soon as I get the jury struts in, the
wings will be ready for cover too.

After Oshkosh, I'm heading down to Rolla with the fuse for the Smith Engine
Gurus to mount the Big Twin on it.

the adventure continues.....

dickiedooo a'doo