On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:58:52 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) "Dan Heath"
<da...@alltel.net> writes:
> For KR Pilots about flying the KR, ONLY, please.  I am participating
> in the
> Flight Advisor" program.  One of the things that it asks you to
> think about
> is the altitude at which it will be safe to turn back to the runway.
>  How
> many feet do you loose during a 270 degree turn, and at what
> altitude do you
> recommend as a go-nogo turn back altitude, AGL?
Dan,
        Like a couple others have said it will be on an individual  plane
and take off situation. I have looked at my climb and location on
virtually every take off. I don't believe that my altimeter is caught up
with my actual climb altitude, but for me at my home field 400' is my
absolute min altitude. At that altitude I am still over the approach end
of the runway overrun area. I would no doubt over run the far end of the
run way on it's 3000'. If I am below 400' on either direction of my home
airport I am most likely to be in the trees anyway going straight ahead..

Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com