I read the NOTAM too but I was never sure if it was me
or the other guys that were making it scary.  Try that
holding pattern around the lake when it's getting dark
and you're looking for that flashing light over the
powerplant.  That's an adventure.  never again.  If I
can't go in daylight, I wait for the next day.  When I
went, I finally was cleared to land and somebody was
actually crossing/taxiing on the runway in front of me
and I had to go around, in the dark.
Ray
New Orleans