From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Brian Kraut
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:21 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> perfect KR engine for sale

I have a Continental C-85 engine for sale.  My opinion is that if you want a
certified engine on your KR the 85 is about as ideal as you will get.  It is
rated at 85 continuous horsepower and is probably a little better for a KR
than the O-200.  It is a little smaller, lighter, uses less fuel, and has a
smaller oil tank.  They are very reliable, will give you about 2,000 hours
TBO, and hardly ever need any work.  Perfect if you just want a reliable
engine that you don't need to fool with all the time.

This engine is currently being overhauled to Continental specifications by
an A&P (me) and will be sold with all ADs complied with and with zero hours
SMOH.  It will be signed off and will be legal for use in a certified
aircraft if desired.  The crank, cam, and all other major parts will be
magnafluxed and inspected and yellow tagged by either Aircraft Specialties
Services or ECI.  The carb and mags will be overhauled to factory specs.

The engine currently has the Continental pull type electric starter.  There
is no alternator, but they can be obtained for a few hundred bucks.  An even
better choice would be to buy one of the new light weight starters and
alternators which will save about 15 pounds.  I can install these during the
overhaul if needed.

The price will be $8,500.  You won't find another fresh overhauled C-85 at
this price.  They normally sell for $9K to $10K.  If interrested email me at
br...@engalt.com or call me at 904-536-1780.  It won't last long at this
price.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.