Today, I began installing the new cylinders and pistons.  Good for me, John
Goodwin showed up and saved me from myself.  I guess that since I had bought
a "KIT", I thought that it was ready to install.  Far from true.  The first
thing we had to do was to take the rings off and set the gap, which he made
easy.  The next thing that had to be done was to install the barrel shims,
oh, and they were on the old cylinders and did not come off.

So, if anyone knows how to get them off, thanks, else, I will have to order
some new ones.  This is a huge bummer, but thanks to John, I still have an
engine.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you in Mt. Vernon - 2006 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
is OVER.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC