Hi mark,
 John Godwin here, Dan's shims look as though they were put on with
locktite or something similar. I'm not to sure how to remove them without
damaging them. i did see an entry in the great planes book about doing this
but I am not sure why. Maybe we should ask Steve Bennett. I did tell Dan
that he should just get a Corvair but he is kind of attached to the Bug
engine, LOL. Sorry for that one Dan.
 By the way Dan, that is some beautiful workmanship on the KR.

VW