Thanks, Rob. That was pretty much my guess, although I remember that I
once had a stopwach whose LCD turned black, then back to normal. Go
figure.

I tried a few things, including heating the display with a heat gun. For
some reason, that reduced the size of the black patch by half, and what is
left is in a corner. So now, the display is not exactly pretty, but
entirely readable. I can live with that until I buy another one.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Robin Wills" <krvia...@bigpond.com.au>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
07/08/2006 04:32
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 07/08/2006 04:33

        Pour :  <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : KR> Fixing an LCD

If the LCD has turned black, it means the screen has cracked and allowed
some of the liquid crystal to leak. As far as I am aware, it cannot be
repaired and a new screen is required.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers,
Rob.

Robin Wills
Second Person, Pacific National
KR-2 19-4594, Ser# N111

krvia...@bigpond.com

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attachés peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes  pas le destinataire escompté,
merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents
attachés sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."