That's why the only ABSOLUTE (as opposed to RELATIVE) way to indicate CG
is in PERCENTAGE of the Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC for alphabet soup
lovers).

Joe tells Bill his CG is located at 28% of MAC, and he can have redesigned
the plane whichever way he wanted, we still have a reference based on the
airfoil.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

<pe...@heroic.co.uk>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
01/09/2006 17:54
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 01/09/2006 17:55

        Pour :  <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: KR> the ONLY sensible place

The problem with that approach is "hand-me-downs"

Joe tells Bill that his CG is 23 inches aft of the firewall.

Bill tells Fred CG should be 23 inches aft of firewall.

Fred has extended his fuse and has his firewall 4 inches further from the
wing, but does his calcs and works out that his CG is 27 inches aft...

Based on wing leading edge there is less chance of misunderstanding

Pete

> Anybody can pick any place that they want and it is ONLY sensible, if
> they think that it is sensible.  If it makes sense to you to use the
> tailwheel, you can do it.  However, if you want to keep from making an
> easy job, difficult, just get one of the spread sheets that are
> available, check the formulas, and put in your numbers.  IT IS NOT HARD!

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attachés peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes  pas le destinataire escompté,
merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents
attachés sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."