I also took a look at tis same pink foam. Cheap, good density, nice to work
with. I even built some vacume bagged parts with it. I went to Eaa at Oskosh
last year, and someone looked at my pictures and said "do not use this stuff".I
went home and pulled up the manufacturer's specs on the net (love the net) and
found it lost dimensional stability at 150 degrees. !50 dergrees is 10
degrees hotter than my post cure temp. Too close! 150 degrees is a possible
heat in
direct sunlight even when painted white. I was not happy, so I put one of my
parts in the oven at 150 degrees. Granted my oven is not a precise environment,
but niether is the ramp on a hot day. The part turned pretzel and was
wrecked. 150 degree shriveled the foam. All of my parts made with this foam
went to
the dumpster. That was where I learned to research and then test "new"
applications.

Bob Polgreen
Boat and parts
Nowthen MN