The $2700 for the LS-800 was from here:
http://www.aviationsafety.com/ls_800.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Kevin Angus
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:05 PM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: RE: KR> instrument panel

Try: 3MT Executive Glass Computer Glare Filters, make a bracket that allows
you to fold the screen out of the way.
And add a hood.

I tried a PDA with APIC software and found it to small so I'm mounting a LCD
display with a touch screen into the console recessed 2 inches and a sun
filter that moves out of the way.

For anyone to claim a LCD is direct sunlight readable is BS, that would mean
the backlight of the LCD is brighter then the SUN!

Before you spend $2700 check out http://www.approach-systems.com/apic.asp